What about Vitamins?
Key points to consider before taking vitamins and/or supplements.
- Nutrition First: A balanced diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetables, foods low in fat and high in fiber, low sodium and sugar, and a combination of protein and carbohydrates.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: It is difficult to get the necessary amounts of nutrients in food along. example is the use of Vitamin D in our diets, something that has become increasingly deficient in many adults and children in recent years.
- Nutritional supplements and vitamins are helpful in getting the nutrients needed for a healthy body. For example, fish oil has been shown to be effective in fighting a number of illnesses and diseases, from cardiovascular to diabetes to brain function.
- Safety and Efficacy:. There are a variety of products on the market today and choosing what is best can be confusing to the average consumer. In order to ensure your safety, you need to be aware of the source, manufacturing process, distribution and sales of these products.
- Education and Consultation: Heart to Hearts offers classes on the safe and effective use of vitamins and supplements. We offer Vitamin Consults with a registered nurse to help you select what is best for you based on your diet, blood tests, exercise routine and stress levels.
- Quality Products: Heart to Hearts is licensed to sell high quality, purity guaranteed vitamins and supplements from Metagenics (www.metagenics.com) and Designs For Health (www.designsforhealth.com) . Their products are subjected to a rigorous inspection process and are labeled GMP ( certified manufacturing standards). These products can be purchased from a health care provider or physician. We offer these products to our clients at a significant discount.
Contact Terry Tucker, RN, for information or to schedule an appointment. 609-498-7968 or email email@example.com
Note: You should always check with your health care provider before taking vitamins or supplements.